MEET OUR TEAM OF EXPERT COACHES
Owners: Jason McCammon- President & Kristin McCammon- Vice President
Welcome to IQ Fit Fitness & Wellness Center, my name is Jason McCammon. I would like to start by thanking you for giving me a chance to earn your trust. I do not take this lightly. I highly value your time and energy and I vow to commit to going above and beyond your expectations of me and my company. You are the sole reason I left a lucrative career to start I.Q. FIT. You see, I used to be an extremely unhealthy person. I was obese, out of shape, had zero energy with poor self-esteem to top it off.
After being let down by all the traditional routes such as doctors and fad diets, it was time to find something that would make a real difference. Enter resistance training and holistic nutrition. These two things literally saved me from the brink of morbid obesity, auto-immune disease, diabetes and heart disease, a fate too much of my family has met. It’s been 10 years since I have lost 100 pounds. Most importantly though, the days of feeling unhealthy and embarrassed to be in my own skin are long gone. They are now replaced with the feeling of gratuity, confidence and contentment. Today, I have a beautiful wife and four awesome kids who are healthy and happy, largely because of the healthy lifestyle I created.
I am beyond convinced that my calling in this life is to bring this truth to you; to help you in every way possible to achieve the success I have. Whether it’s 10 lbs or 100 lbs, the scale cannot measure true success… it’s much bigger than that. I truly believe this is entirely possible because of the deep passion and dedication I have in connecting with you as an individual person, rather than as just a client or sales figure. I know you won’t care how much I know until you know how much I care. I will show you how much I care through every interaction and communication you have with me and my company. Ideally, I would be honored with the opportunity to help your entire family achieve their optimal health and fitness. The more people in your life who are on the same page, the better you will do.
Just like the ancient pyramids, I’ve built my business on a massive foundation of integrity that will stand the test of time. You have my word that I will not let you down. I will provide a safe, clean and encouraging environment for you to forge ahead toward success. I will create a program so customized that it only perfectly fits 1 out of 6 billion… YOU! When you achieve your goal, as I am confident you will, it will actually be just one part of the equation. I will also help you understand how to maintain your success for life. Just as I live my life, I’m in this for the long haul.
As I said at the beginning, your trust is everything to me. I will treat the relationship we create with the utmost respect. Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions, no matter how small; my door is always open for you. Again, welcome to I.Q. FIT, I am looking very much forward to serving you.
Jason J. McCammon, B.S., N.F.P.T.-C.P.T.
Kristin McCammon- Vice President
My main role is to support IQ Fit with my business administration and customer service background, and to ensure IQ Fit is a warm, welcoming environment. I’m very passionate about natural health, physical fitness and nutrition. Being a wife, mom and business owner, I know how hard it can be to find balance. This is why I’ve worked so hard helping to create a program in which members can get to their goals efficiently, as I know all too well that time is of the essence. I am married to Jason McCammon and together we have 4 children, Jadyin, Bryce, Anabelle, and Levi residing in Grand Ledge Michigan.
Nick- Accountability Coach
For those of you that need to see my professional resume, credentials and technical know-how, please read below. For those that understand that the “what” and “how” is not nearly as important as the “why,” consider not wasting another second and contact us immediately at 517-719-0897 to set up your complimentary strategy session.
The amount of information, both opinion and published scientific evidence, is over-whelming, to say the least. Unless you want to spend thousands of hours researching as I have, it can be a very difficult road in finding what exercise and nutrition is best for you. I had no coaching or professional training during my journey. I dug everything up the old fashioned way by studying the works of accomplished, world-class trainers, pouring over scientific research and questioning the current dogma in fitness and medicine. What I have found is conclusive evidence (and now case studies from my own professional practice) that we have specific genetic requirements for healthy gene expression. If you are sufficient in these nutrients you will be well; if we are deficient you will be sick. It is that simple. This is evidenced by the massive volumes of published anthropology. B. Eaton and L. Cordain lead a large compilation of work that gives us the road map to lead the fittest and healthiest life possible.
Also to note is that I do not just spew out scientific research. Rather, I carefully analyze each individual’s situation, crafting a program that helps each person where they are at. Meaning, if you are addicted to sugar or have a bad fast food habit, going completely 180 degrees and trying to eat the perfect human diet is not only over-whelming and scary, but will lead to ultimate failure. Therefore I employ simple techniques like nutrition physiology education which plainly explains the effects (good and bad) of your particular dietary habits. I also help you adjust to taking two to three small steps, which ADD good nutrition to your diet, rather than cutting or depriving you of the foods you currently like. Once you feel the new energy and start losing body fat, you realize that you are doing the correct things to take care of yourself. In the end, you police your own dietary choices as you will be informed and confident in what the best choices are.
I sometimes employ more advanced techniques such as NLP or neural linguistic programming. This is an advanced technique that helps counsel the individual on very specific dietary habits that they know they should not be doing but cannot seem to reduce. I help them re-program their thinking and create new anchors to help coax the correct choices into the mind. Instead of focusing on bad choices, I help them put energy into good choices; they learn that a few poor choices cannot and do not cancel out the good ones – this is physiologically impossible. Blue cheese dressing does not cancel out the benefit of the salad it is placed upon. I take it one step at a time, helping create a practical plan that serves you for where you are at. As you evolve and want to improve, we take more steps. Before you know it, you will be 180 degrees from the start, but this time you will not want to go back. I do not believe in, “no pain, no gain,” nor “all or nothing.” These are ignorant attitudes that you get you no where.
- Tri-State University; Bachelors degree in civil engineering.
- The former Clayton College of Natural Health; Naturopathic doctor and holistic nutritionist candidate.
Independent Education and Practice
A combined 20,000 hours of independent research on nutrition and exercise physiology, human anthropology, wellness, and professional practice, having trained over 1000 clients.
Certifications, Affiliations and Continuing Education
- National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT.com); 94th percentile First Class; nationally accredited through NCCA.
- Holistic Health Practitioner (H.H.P.) (2013 completion)
- Certified Clinical Nutrition Consultant (2012 completion)
- Certified Clinical Herbalist (2012 completion)
- Certified Wellness and Prevention Consultant (2012 completion)
- Ethics in Safety Compliance Standards (ESCS); the “Better Business Bureau” for professional trainers
- American Heart Association; certified in First Aid and CPR.
Fitness and Athletic Background
- College track; 2-time qualifier for the Track & Field National Championships, hammer throw.
- College track; conference champion, discus throw.
- College football; starter at defensive tackle on a Final-Four team.
- Power lifting maxes; bench press 350 lbs, squat 530 lbs, dead lift 445 lbs.
- Natural bodybuilding; composition peak: 211 lbs, 7% body fat, 18” biceps, 32” thighs, 46” chest, 55” shoulders, 31” waist.
- High school track; 2 Michigan state qualifiers.
- High school track; regional champion.
- High school track; 3 conference champions.
Inspiration and mentors
Among the dozens of authors, strength coaches, nutritionists, scientists and physicians I have researched, there are a few that stand above the rest because of their high level of success in their field. These individuals represent the cutting edge of health and fitness world-wide.
- Loren Cordain, PhD, world-renown Paleolithic anthropologist.
- Boyd Eaton, MD, one of the most published Paleolithic anthropologist in the world.
- John Berardi, PhD; world-class sports nutritionist to Olympic athletes.
- Lonnie Lowery, PhD; one of the best in relating scientific jargon to practical guidelines; successful natural bodybuilder
- Chad Waterbury, MS; innovative trainer with world-class knowledge in muscle physiology; trains pro and Olympic athletes and the Special Forces.
- Christian Thibaudeau, MS; world-class strength coach; trains college, pro and Olympic athletes; exceptional natural bodybuilder.
- Charles Poliquin, MS; master trainer of champion professional and Olympic athletes; sharpens the cutting edge in sports performance.
- Ron Grisanti, DC, MS; expert at diagnostic medicine; high level biological research scientist.
- Joseph Mercola, DO; expert in holistic (natural and organic) nutrition and medicine.
- Dr. Weston A. Price, DDS, and the Weston Price Foundation; phenomenal holistic information based on hard-science; constantly battling hundreds of nutrition and health myths.
- Eric Cressey; world-class MLB Trainer.