About IQ Fit
Founded in 2003, I.Q. Fitness & Wellness Center is one of the premiere personal fitness training and wellness companies in the nation. The key behind our members’ success is that we simply care. We go the extra mile to do a thorough health history analysis, range of motion assessment, listen carefully to your goals and only make recommendations in YOUR interest.
We have the most comprehensive program to ensure you get the fastest and safest results possible, but our commitment to exceeding your expectations is what really sets us apart.
Our program includes head to toe physcial evaluation, review of your health history, eating patterns, and other lifestyle factors. Our goal is to uncover every possible issue that can affect your goal achievement.
Maybe the most important aspect of I.Q. FIT is our very strong and vibrant community feel. I.Q. FIT is bigger than any one individual; as we are a living, breathing entity, with a strong pulse! No amount of expertise or even effort can make up for the lack of a solid gym culture. It’s the culture of our community which is the X factor in why we are Lansing’s favorite fitness program. But, don’t take our word for it – experience it for yourself by booking a free consultation through the form below.
Our private facility is located just off I-127/I-496, minutes from Lansing, East Lansing, Holt, Dewitt, and Delta Township.
I.Q. FIT Smarties enjoy the following membership benefits:
- FREE Fitness Consultation (no commitment required)
- Full body evaluation using the gold standard, FMS
- Body composition testing using the number one tool in fitness, the InBody Analyzer
- All coaching is performed by certified and properly trained top-notch staff
- I.Q. Group Fit Classes are challenging, low-impact, safe and fun for all ages and abilities
- I.Q. Custom Coaching include carefully crafted exercise prescriptions designed exclusively for you
- Optional travel programs to compliment training at I.Q. FIT
- Quarterly fitness challenges to keep your training fun and engaging
- FREE Nutrition & Wellness workshops to help you make smarter lifestyle choices
- References for healthy recipes and meal creation guide
- Complimentary hand towel and filtered water service
- Clean locker room facilities with showers
- Personalized supplement guidance available
- Personalized nutrition and wellness program (NEVER “DIET” AGAIN!) available
- Health suggestions are educational and do not constitute medical advice
You would never buy a car without test driving it, right? So, why rule out a possible perfect fit for you, just on a website alone?TRY US FOR FREE!
Hello! My name is Emily Ray! I completed my undergrad at Western Michigan U. in 2016 in pre occupational therapy and I am a ACSM certified personal trainer. I have always been interested in anatomy, and the way the body moves which is why I love being a coach at IQ Fit! My favorite part is seeing members at their starting point and continuing to progress from there whether it be with their their appearance, physical, or movement goals! Having little moments throughout the day where members overcome their "limitations" makes all the time and effort I put into my job well worth it!
Hi my name is Stas. My passion for fitness started at a very young age. After graduating high school I decided to pursue my passion for fitness by majoring in Kinesiology at Oakland University. I am an ISSA and NASM certified trainer. In my spare time I enjoy bike riding, hiking, and boating. I have over 10 years of professional experience in the fitness industry with an emphasize on group fitness. I believe that exercise, nutrition, and mental health all work together and all need to be considered for overall health improvement. My favorite thing about IQFIT is being able to share my knowledge with all our "Smarties" to inspire and motivate them to live a healthy lifestyle.
My name is Keyante (KT) Saxon (NSCA-CPT), certified personal trainer through the National Strength and Conditioning Association. First and foremost, I am a caring and helping soul, which are only a couple, yet very powerful qualities that led me down the path of becoming a fitness professional. I have always had a passion for helping others accomplish goals. As a former D-I collegiate student-athlete at Michigan State, I bring perspective from both sides of the coin being both trainee and trainer up to this point in my career. The biggest reason why health and wellness is important to me, in addition to helping accomplish goals, is I desperately want to bring awareness to our community in terms of how beneficial leading a healthy lifestyle can impact our lives for the better. Every life I can reach is a win for humanity, join me on this quest for knowledge, health, and awareness!
I am a graduate from Michigan State University with a Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology. I enjoy fitness, particularly aerobic exercise, despite being diagnosed with sports-induced asthma 4 years ago. My favorite hobby is running. Over the summer of 2017, I decided to push myself to see what I was capable of. I ran 100 miles in 28 days. I believed that by making better choices about my food intake and by altering my attitude on bettering myself, I would be able to pull of this challenge.
Prior to working at IQFit: Fitness and Wellness Center, I had never engaged in a structured workout with a trainer. I had always worked out at Planet Fitness or I.M. West at Michigan State. Being a part of the IQFit family has taught me more than just discipline but also dedication. I feel more accountable for my actions and for doing things that I never liked to do. I was always scared of lifting and gaining muscle because I thought it was “too masculine”. I was caught in the idea that you could only do aerobic exercises as a girl to be healthy. This all changed when I started working with the trainers, manager, and owners at IQFit. I gained confidence to do exercises and to use machines I have never used before.
Being a fitness professional is important to me because I feel “being fit” is more than just physical gains. I believe being a “fitpro” is about evaluating yourself mentally, physically, and emotionally to avoid burnout. It is about nurturing yourself and improving self-care. It is about embracing your imperfections and treating your body “like a temple”. Most of all, being a fitness professional means to help others engage in the above and to surround themselves with positive people that will help them work on their own personal development.
Kristin McCammon – Vice President & Jason McCammon – President
Welcome to IQ Fit Fitness & Wellness Center, my name is Jason McCammon. I would like to start by thanking you for giving me a chance to earn your trust. I do not take this lightly. I highly value your time and energy and I vow to commit to going above and beyond your expectations of me and my company. You are the sole reason I left a lucrative career to start I.Q. FIT. You see, I used to be an extremely unhealthy person. I was obese, out of shape, had zero energy with poor self-esteem to top it off.
After being let down by all the traditional routes such as doctors and fad diets, it was time to find something that would make a real difference. Enter resistance training and holistic nutrition. These two things literally saved me from the brink of morbid obesity, auto-immune disease, diabetes and heart disease, a fate too much of my family has met. It’s been 10 years since I have lost 100 pounds. Most importantly though, the days of feeling unhealthy and embarrassed to be in my own skin are long gone. They are now replaced with the feeling of gratuity, confidence and contentment. Today, I have a beautiful wife and four awesome kids who are healthy and happy, largely because of the healthy lifestyle I created.
I am beyond convinced that my calling in this life is to bring this truth to you; to help you in every way possible to achieve the success I have. Whether it’s 10 lbs or 100 lbs, the scale cannot measure true success… it’s much bigger than that. I truly believe this is entirely possible because of the deep passion and dedication I have in connecting with you as an individual person, rather than as just a client or sales figure. I know you won’t care how much I know until you know how much I care. I will show you how much I care through every interaction and communication you have with me and my company. Ideally, I would be honored with the opportunity to help your entire family achieve their optimal health and fitness. The more people in your life who are on the same page, the better you will do.
Just like the ancient pyramids, I’ve built my business on a massive foundation of integrity that will stand the test of time. You have my word that I will not let you down. I will provide a safe, clean and encouraging environment for you to forge ahead toward success. I will create a program so customized that it only perfectly fits 1 out of 6 billion… YOU! When you achieve your goal, as I am confident you will, it will actually be just one part of the equation. I will also help you understand how to maintain your success for life. Just as I live my life, I’m in this for the long haul.
As I said at the beginning, your trust is everything to me. I will treat the relationship we create with the utmost respect. Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions, no matter how small; my door is always open for you. Again, welcome to I.Q. FIT, I am looking very much forward to serving you.
Jason J. McCammon, B.S., N.F.P.T.-C.P.T.
Kristin McCammon – Vice President
Kristin’s main role is to support IQ Fit with her business administration and customer service background, and to ensure IQ Fit is a warm, welcoming environment. Kristin is very passionate about natural health, physical fitness and nutrition. Being a wife, mom and business owner, she knows how hard it can be to find balance. This is why she has worked so hard helping to co-create a program in which members can get to their goals efficiently, as I know all too well that time is of the essence. Kristin is married to Jason McCammon and together we have 4 children, Jadyin, Bryce, Anabelle, and Levi residing in Grand Ledge Michigan.
For those of you that need to see my professional resume, credentials and technical know-how, please read below. For those that understand that the “what” and “how” is not nearly as important as the “why,” consider not wasting another second and contact us immediately at 517-719-0897 to set up your complimentary strategy session.
The amount of information, both opinion and published scientific evidence, is over-whelming, to say the least. Unless you want to spend thousands of hours researching as I have, it can be a very difficult road in finding what exercise and nutrition is best for you. I had no coaching or professional training during my journey. I dug everything up the old fashioned way by studying the works of accomplished, world-class trainers, pouring over scientific research and questioning the current dogma in fitness and medicine. What I have found is conclusive evidence (and now case studies from my own professional practice) that we have specific genetic requirements for healthy gene expression. If you are sufficient in these nutrients you will be well; if we are deficient you will be sick. It is that simple. This is evidenced by the massive volumes of published anthropology. B. Eaton and L. Cordain lead a large compilation of work that gives us the road map to lead the fittest and healthiest life possible.
Also to note is that I do not just spew out scientific research. Rather, I carefully analyze each individual’s situation, crafting a program that helps each person where they are at. Meaning, if you are addicted to sugar or have a bad fast food habit, going completely 180 degrees and trying to eat the perfect human diet is not only over-whelming and scary, but will lead to ultimate failure. Therefore I employ simple techniques like nutrition physiology education which plainly explains the effects (good and bad) of your particular dietary habits. I also help you adjust to taking two to three small steps, which ADD good nutrition to your diet, rather than cutting or depriving you of the foods you currently like. Once you feel the new energy and start losing body fat, you realize that you are doing the correct things to take care of yourself. In the end, you police your own dietary choices as you will be informed and confident in what the best choices are.
I sometimes employ more advanced techniques such as NLP or neural linguistic programming. This is an advanced technique that helps counsel the individual on very specific dietary habits that they know they should not be doing but cannot seem to reduce. I help them re-program their thinking and create new anchors to help coax the correct choices into the mind. Instead of focusing on bad choices, I help them put energy into good choices; they learn that a few poor choices cannot and do not cancel out the good ones – this is physiologically impossible. Blue cheese dressing does not cancel out the benefit of the salad it is placed upon. I take it one step at a time, helping create a practical plan that serves you for where you are at. As you evolve and want to improve, we take more steps. Before you know it, you will be 180 degrees from the start, but this time you will not want to go back. I do not believe in, “no pain, no gain,” nor “all or nothing.” These are ignorant attitudes that you get you no where.
- Tri-State University; Bachelors degree in civil engineering.
- The former Clayton College of Natural Health; Naturopathic doctor and holistic nutritionist candidate.
Independent Education and Practice
A combined 20,000 hours of independent research on nutrition and exercise physiology, human anthropology, wellness, and professional practice, having trained over 1000 clients.
Certifications, Affiliations and Continuing Education
- National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT.com); 94th percentile First Class; nationally accredited through NCCA.
- Holistic Health Practitioner (H.H.P.) (2013 completion)
- Certified Clinical Nutrition Consultant (2012 completion)
- Certified Clinical Herbalist (2012 completion)
- Certified Wellness and Prevention Consultant (2012 completion)
- Ethics in Safety Compliance Standards (ESCS); the “Better Business Bureau” for professional trainers
- American Heart Association; certified in First Aid and CPR.
Fitness and Athletic Background
- College track; 2-time qualifier for the Track & Field National Championships, hammer throw.
- College track; conference champion, discus throw.
- College football; starter at defensive tackle on a Final-Four team.
- Power lifting maxes; bench press 350 lbs, squat 530 lbs, dead lift 445 lbs.
- Natural bodybuilding; composition peak: 211 lbs, 7% body fat, 18” biceps, 32” thighs, 46” chest, 55” shoulders, 31” waist.
- High school track; 2 Michigan state qualifiers.
- High school track; regional champion.
- High school track; 3 conference champions.
Inspiration and mentors
Among the dozens of authors, strength coaches, nutritionists, scientists and physicians I have researched, there are a few that stand above the rest because of their high level of success in their field. These individuals represent the cutting edge of health and fitness world-wide.
- Loren Cordain, PhD, world-renown Paleolithic anthropologist.
- Boyd Eaton, MD, one of the most published Paleolithic anthropologist in the world.
- John Berardi, PhD; world-class sports nutritionist to Olympic athletes.
- Lonnie Lowery, PhD; one of the best in relating scientific jargon to practical guidelines; successful natural bodybuilder
- Chad Waterbury, MS; innovative trainer with world-class knowledge in muscle physiology; trains pro and Olympic athletes and the Special Forces.
- Christian Thibaudeau, MS; world-class strength coach; trains college, pro and Olympic athletes; exceptional natural bodybuilder.
- Charles Poliquin, MS; master trainer of champion professional and Olympic athletes; sharpens the cutting edge in sports performance.
- Ron Grisanti, DC, MS; expert at diagnostic medicine; high level biological research scientist.
- Joseph Mercola, DO; expert in holistic (natural and organic) nutrition and medicine.
- Dr. Weston A. Price, DDS, and the Weston Price Foundation; phenomenal holistic information based on hard-science; constantly battling hundreds of nutrition and health myths.
- Eric Cressey; world-class MLB Trainer.